Launch day: 2023-03-15
- This is a privacy first transcription app.
- It allows you to annotate your transcriptions and export them to PDF.
- You can also save as .bigwav.
- Uses OpenAI whisper to convert audio to a transcript.
- Whisper.cpp allows you to run the processing in the browser via WASM.
- Uses Chromes File System API to read and write to files on the file system.
- This is useful as the app has its own file format (.bigwav) which stores the audio along side the transcript and annotation.
- When the user saves the file, it is written to their disk similar to how other local apps work.
- Is an installable PWA.
- This is useful for opening audio from the users file explorer.